Friday, February 4, 2011

How to Make Money Offering Pay-Per-Click Management Services: SEO Services India

How to make money offering Pay-Per-Click management services.

Pay-Per-Click management services can expand your revenue stream from existing clients.

The inclusion of PPC services to the usual list of services that my web agency offers (design, programming, content, updates …) came about as a direct response to demand from one of my existing clients. In fact from my biggest and best client. This client asked me to look into PPC and come back with a proposal for them. Several days of research later and I wrote up my proposal and it was accepted! In that moment I did not realise that I had just started the most profitable of all the services that I now provide. I enjoy it so much that I have stopped offering websites to new clients, rather I am going back over my client list and offering them general internet marketing services.

There exists the basic problem of how to make money from offering PPC services to your clients because at the end of the day you are selling a management service, rather than the usual web design/programming services.

After trying many different variations I have come to a simple, clear and always profitable manner of charging my clients for PPC services. It is remarkable obvious but I made several costly mistakes (one of which resulted in the loss of a good client) to arrive at the following system:

• Keyword research: hourly rate

• Client account set-up fee: hourly rate

• Campaign set-up fee: hourly rate

• Ad group set-up fee: hourly rate

• Campaign and ad group maintenance: hourly rate

• Cost Per Click: fixed percentage fee

That seems like a lot of hour rates but the reality is that apart from keyword research all can be done in less than an hour for the grand majority of clients. Basic keyword research is available rapidly using the Overture keyword tool. Adwords also have a good tool once you have opened an account it is part of the automated campaign creation process.

Pay-Per-Click management fees - structure them well and make money.

As all you professional web designers are painfully aware, our clients often expect additional work done that is beyond the initial signed brief. If you have not established a clear hourly rate for additional hours of work it is a tough uphill battle to do so. And trust me that the client will ask for additional work to be done on there PPC campaign once its up and running. Why? Well because it will be a success, and the results can be presented in a language that they can understand. ´´You got x number of visitors to your web site that were actively looking for widgets.´´ That is a powerful message to give to a client. These types of statements captures there attention.

If your client is happy with what they see in the initial data from the PPC campaign they will increase funding and that is when the fixed percentage fee of the total cost of visitors bought will become a wonderful monthly income with little work needed from your part.

1 comment:

  1. Its really fantastic Blog. SEO Expert right to capture the different types of search engine algorithms. Rules of the major search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN and Google lead the change and therefore SEO expert has to change and / or standards-based design.

    ReplyDelete